Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fly-by-tober

Yikes. This month has flown. I have been mostly and completely in charge of two extra events at work and that has made things especially crazy. As I write, the dog is joining in on the craziness at our house. We have adjusted to our new schedules and such, but we are always on the run. The kids are limited in activities now so that is even scarier. I decided that I need an "activity" so I am working on actually joining the local YMCA. Have I done that yet? Hence the complacent.

What just happened explains my life. The dog was tearing something up. Woke up my daughter as two boys screamed for different things at once. Things are really not that drastically different than a few years ago. Just different requests that are better spoken or yelled at me sometimes.

I decided to join the gym for ME. Yes, no more bragging about what my kids do. I can butt in and say, "Guess what new activity we started?" The gym. They can oodle that my kids work out, but then a hush will fall over the schoolyard as I dare, incredulously to do something for myself. I owe me. Life is too, too short.

I will get through these days. They are blur, but we all have them. Can't wait to relax a little and sit back more than I do. November will bring that. Maybe?...yes, I will make it happen.

No comments: