Thursday, August 14, 2008

Everyone has an accident

We all have our fair share of accidents. Some good, some bad. We were at the pool when, well, someone had an accident. The boys were gettting crude and I reminded them that it wasn't that long ago that it would have been them. Accidents are just that-they don't call them, "on-purposes" for that reason. Sometimes things do happen for a reason. Do you believe that? Why do I have the job I do? Why did everything fall together so we could buy our first house? How in heavens name, did I become a mom of identical twin boys? There is never really an accident in my mind. A lot that has happened that has drastically changed my mind and perspective came from a tragic, horrible accident. I believe that my dear friend knew that her time on earth was dwindling. She expressed thoughts and wishes just days before she left us that would raise the hairs on your arm. Perhaps, it was no accident and there was more to it than we on earth will ever know. I guess we should learn to embrace life's little and big accidents. When the little ones happen, we get all worked up about and guess what...it does not matter in the end. What do you think?

No comments: