Friday, August 15, 2008

Life's Story

I have been a little reader lately. Here is what I have been reading.

The last Harry Potter. (OK, but had to force myself to finish)

Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea. (easy read, funny...perhaps a theme for me sometimes:)

Sundays at Tiffany's (Liked it)

The Glass Castle (This is the best book I have read in YEARS..even if it was all that I had to read during my crazy passenger debacle on the way home from Chas!)

Here If You Need Me (different and great)

Dear Mr. Henshaw (I always need to do some Kid Lit for work)

I am trying to work through a book called The Sunflower. It is written by a man from a woman's perspective. That is the problem I decided. Her thinking is odd and that is why. I will finish it and I hope it picks up.

So many of these books are a life story with some fiction thrown in. Good fit for me. Right up my alley. The Glass Castle is a life story of a journalist growing up poor all over the country. I especially loved the years in West Virginia as it parallels what I saw when I lived there for a year. Yes, people lived in shacks in 1992. One room shacks with outdoor plumbing. Amazing.

What would be my story. The beginning would be pretty normal with some humorous parts from my mom and things that happened. It would be the early independent years that would be the story so far I think. Who knows what is to come. Maybe that is the story in the making.

No comments: